Definition of Team Building
This is a fairly general term that is used in a number of different ways. It can cover either what you are trying to achieve and how you are trying to achieve it - or both! The following cover most of the options:
- Team building is developing working relationships.
- Team building is improving the performance of the team.
- Team building is outdoor activities that challenge the individuals within the team.
- Team building is about improving motivation, communication, support and trust within a team.
The defintion that we prefer is:
- Improving team performance by developing teamworking skills by using any appropriate method.
It is a fairly general defintion but encompasses all of the normal defintions.